Spread the Glitter
- – 7 Children die a day from Pediatric Cancer.
- -Less than 4% of the NIH cancer research budget goes towards pediatrics. This is 100% our tax dollars at work.
- -More American children die of cancer than of AIDS, asthma, cysctic fibrosis, diabetes and congenital abnormalities combined.
- -In the past 20 years, only 2 new cancer drugs have been specifically approved for pediatric use. Both for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukima. Boy contrast, in one year… 2012 a total of 23 drugs were approved for adults.
- -Average age for a child diagnosed with cancer is 6. For breast cancer, it’s 61 and prostate it’s 63. Average number of years lost for the adults that die is 15 years… for the children that die, it’s 69 years.
- -The American Cancer Society only gives one cent of every dollar raised for pediatrics. On their site, they have options for what kind of cancer (breast, prostate, etc.) you want your donation to go towards. Childhood Cancer is not even an option.